The Witham plant currently has a total annual production of approximately 48,000 tonnes of standard brewing and distilling malts.
- The site was originally established in 1926 when a ‘traditional’ floor maltings was built.
- Major investments in more recent years have seen the site being turned into one of the most modern in the country.
- Witham is situated in the heart of the ‘granary of England’. The primary source of barley for the plant is East Anglia, thought by many to be the best barley growing area in the UK.
- From the main production facility, malt is produced for major brewing and distilling customers in both the UK and abroad.
- In addition, following a tradition within the company of over a hundred years, the Roast House at Witham produces approximately 8,000 tonnes of speciality malts. The site supplies a wide variety of specialist crystal and roasted malts to the global brewing markets.
- Bairds Malt Corporate Head Office is situated at the Witham malting site.
Please Note: In order to reach the appropriate entry point to the site, please use the postcode below relevant to vehicle type.
Large vehicles and lorries- CM8 2TJ
Cars and small deliveries- CM8 2TL
With our maltings spread across the Eastern Seaboard of the UK, we take a close interest in the weather knowing the impact that it can have on our growing partners and our malt production.
- Sep 22, 2020 clear sky 22° C
- Sep 22, 2020 light rain 19° C
- Sep 22, 2020 moderate rain 15° C
- Sep 22, 2020 light rain 13° C
- Sep 22, 2020 clear sky 12° C
Turriff Grain Store