The Pencaitland Maltings Plant is situated 12 miles east of Edinburgh and in the middle of the prime barley growing areas of Southern Scotland.
- The site was established as a ‘green field’ site in 1964 with the present production plant built in 1978.
- Present annual malt production capacity is 47,000 tonnes with processing taking place in separate steeping, germination and kilning vessels.
- Each batch size is 165 tonnes of barley.
- Flexible and independent barley drying facilities on site allow carefully controlled drying on intake of harvest barley. The extensive storage facilities on site allow for segregation of varietal type and protein level.
- All of the malt produced at Pencaitland is destined for the distilling market.
With our maltings spread across the Eastern Seaboard of the UK, we take a close interest in the weather knowing the impact that it can have on our growing partners and our malt production.
- Apr 13, 2021 scattered clouds 7° C
- Apr 14, 2021 clear sky 8° C
- Apr 15, 2021 clear sky 9° C
- Apr 16, 2021 clear sky 9° C
- Apr 17, 2021 clear sky 10° C