The Inverness site was originally chosen as an ideal location for a major malting facility to take advantage of the locally grown barley and supply malt directly into the surrounding distilleries in Speyside and Morayshire.
With its position close to the good harbour facilities at Inverness, the export of quality malt to brewers and distillers around the world can easily be accommodated.
- The Inverness malting facility is split into two Plants with a production capacity of 42,000 tonnes.
- Plant 1 comprises 10 SGKV boxes. These are used to steep, germinate and kiln without movement of the barley. Plant 1 also has the facility to produce Peated Malt.
- Plant 2 is of similar design with 5 larger boxes, with a larger production capability than Plant 1.
- The Inverness plant is also certified by the Organic Food Federation to produce Organic malt.
With our maltings spread across the Eastern Seaboard of the UK, we take a close interest in the weather knowing the impact that it can have on our growing partners and our malt production.
- Apr 13, 2021 few clouds 6° C
- Apr 14, 2021 clear sky 11° C
- Apr 15, 2021 clear sky 12° C
- Apr 16, 2021 clear sky 12° C
- Apr 17, 2021 overcast clouds 11° C