Turriff grain store
Turriff malting barley drying and storage site
The Turriff malting barley drying and storage site is located 78 miles east of the Inverness Plant and 88 miles north of the Arbroath Plant.
It is ideally positioned to take advantage of the Aberdeenshire barley fields and for the supply of barley to Baird’s Malting Plants in Scotland for the distilling market.
- The site was built in 1976 by Moray Firth Maltings Ltd.
- The Turriff storage capacity is approximately 36,000 tonnes of malting barley.
With our maltings spread across the Eastern Seaboard of the UK, we take a close interest in the weather knowing the impact that it can have on our growing partners and our malt production.
- Sep 26, 2021 scattered clouds 17° C
- Sep 27, 2021 moderate rain 9° C
- Sep 28, 2021 scattered clouds 12° C
- Sep 29, 2021 clear sky 12° C
- Sep 30, 2021 broken clouds 12° C
Turriff Grain Store