Bairds Grantham Maltings is located centrally in this traditional malting town.
It is ideally positioned to take advantage of the Lincolnshire barley fields and to supply malt to customers throughout Central and Southern England.
- Built in 1964, it is the last operating maltings in the town.
- Grantham produces around 30,000 tonnes of malt, mostly for traditional UK brewers.
- Much of this is delivered in bulk by road but some 4,000 tonnes is also supplied in 25kg bags.
- The site operates a ‘Wanderhaufen’ style of malting plant, consisting of separate steeping, germination and kilning vessels and is fully PLC controlled throughout.
With our maltings spread across the Eastern Seaboard of the UK, we take a close interest in the weather knowing the impact that it can have on our growing partners and our malt production.
- Jan 28, 2021 light rain 11° C
- Jan 29, 2021 broken clouds 9° C
- Jan 30, 2021 overcast clouds 3° C
- Jan 31, 2021 broken clouds 3° C
- Feb 1, 2021 light rain 6° C
Springfield Road, Grantham
Turriff Grain Store