Mission & Values
We operate for the benefit of our customers, our people, communities, and shareholders. Our team will conduct business ethically and responsibly
as we strive to have our processes, products and services recognised as the best.
Our values help define our organisational culture by providing us with a common understanding of how we do things and how we should behave towards
each other, our customers and stakeholders.
Everyone at Bairds Malt is responsible for professional and ethical business conduct and is accountable for ensuring that their decisions and actions
are consistent with the values.
At Bairds Malt We Value
The health, safety and welfare of all persons at our company, and the communities we operate within, are of critical importance. It is one of our core
values and is an integral part of the business. We are committed to providing a safe working environment and complying with the health and safety legislation
and statutory requirements in the countries within which we operate and making safety an integral part of our business.
- Our Goal -Zero Harm: We act consciously every day to keep ourselves and our team safe.
- Safe For Life: We take personal accountability for safety by promoting safety at work and at home.
- My 50%: We accept personal accountability to implement and promote our policies and processes to ensure a safe and healthy workplace.
- Support my team: We acknowledge safe work behaviours and give immediate feedback on unsafe work behaviours.
- Seek out unsafe conditions: We take personal action to resolve workplace health and safety risks, hazards, and incidents.
Share Experiences: We share our lessons learnt across the company.
- We inspire pride and passion for our business in our people.
- We treat everyone fairly and with respect, supporting diversity and valuing the differences of others.
- We communicate openly and honestly to encourage leadership, empowerment, teamwork and the sharing of ideas.
- We are proactive in developing our skills and expertise.
- We reward and recognise achievements both formally and informally.
- We promote a healthy balance between work, family, and community.
- We understand our customers and how we add value to their businesses.
- We strive to exceed customers’ expectations with timely and responsive service.
- We treat every customer as important by being helpful, courteous, and professional.
- We accept and act on customer feedback to improve the products and services we deliver.
- We act with care and diligence; respecting the confidentiality of customer information.
- We treat our internal customers with the same level of respect and service as external customers.
- We set and review goals to promote continuous improvement and creative problem solving.
- We achieve operational excellence through objective measurement of everything we do; holding ourselves accountable for our successes, as well as our
- We consult with our stakeholders, customers, and each other to solve problems on the ground and maximise opportunities.
- We implement long-term solutions for sustainability.
- We are innovative and adaptable to change.
- We respectfully challenge the status quo.
We are committed to long-term sustainable values creations – balancing our financial performance with how we do business, how we treat our people, how
we support our communities, how we live our values and how we utilise natural resources responsibly by:
- Conducting our business ethically; employing strategies that promote good corporate governance and encourage success through openness and transparency.
- Setting goals to reduce our use of energy and natural resources while measuring our performance against these goals through a process of continuous
- Looking for alternate solutions, sustainable solutions, strategies, and perspectives in developing new ideas and addressing problems or issues that
impact our business and the community.
- Identifying and implementing processes/practices to reduce both our demand on natural resources and to minimize our environmental footprint across
our operations as well as products.
- Identifying ways to achieve sustainability through technological innovation and by changing behaviours.
- Conducting our business in ways that enhance the future wellbeing of people and the environment.
- We enrich the communities in which we live and work by supporting them through good and difficult times.
- We build positive community relationships through effective communication and consultation.
- We promote safety in the community.
- We are active and visible in the community.
- We are honest and ethical in all interactions with stakeholders to ensure that we are a company that can be trusted.
- We treat customers, our community, each other, and our environment with respect.
- We demonstrate trust in others.
- We demonstrate accountability and consistency in all actions.
- We walk the talk: “Our word is our bond.”